Chiesa di San Jacopo
(Italian pronunciation: kee-ay-zah  dee  sahn-jah-coh-poh)

Founded in 1206, the church belonged from 1256 to the Knights Templar; it later passed to the Knights of St. John (of Rhodes, or of Malta), whose symbol - the Maltese Cross - appears in the capitals of the portico.  In 1311 a small military hospital was attached to it.

The interior with its aisle-less nave was rebuilt several times but still preserves the original 14th-century structure, as well as a number of commemorative inscriptions and tomb slabs.  In the 18th century a small female convent was built onto the church.